Allen Lim

I use this blog to communicate my thoughts. I welcome your comments. (Email me at allen.chfc@gmail.com)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Money and the end of our life

I got a call yesterday from a client. He is 58. He had a blood condition and was admitted to SGH, and the doctor's initial assessment is not positive. I visited him and have a man to man talk.

Me: "Uncle, are you scared?"

Client: "A bit, but this is life, one has to go some day."

Me: "tell me about those things you treasured?"

Client: "Oh........", the client went on and on for the whole night talking about his family, the things he did when he was young, the mistake made, regrets of not having a good education, joked about the politicians, pride of seeing his children grown up get married (or worries rather)....

He did not mention about money or investment. Money is necessary, but it is not important when it comes to the end of our life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home